As a single Developer. how do you manage your design/planning documentation or your notes?
- Do you use Text files?
- Those work fine for scribbles, but they don't offer any formatting or links
- Do you use RTF/Word/OpenOffice files?
- Those allow rich formatting, but even with Headings and Chapter-separation, they can become very hard to navigate, and you can't just open them in Notepad if you have to check something without Word installed.
- Do you use a Wiki that's installed on a Web Server?
- They offer rich formatting and good navigation, but sadly, they require a web server and can therefore not easily be checked into source control...
SWiki is a "Simple Standalone Wiki", that is a Wiki that just contains of three files: An Application and a Database. It does not require installation and complicated setup, you can easily check in the database into version control, and it offers rich formatting. It will run everywhere where .net Framework 3.5SP1 or better is installed, and in case you have to access your data on a system where you cannot install .net Framework, you can just export your Wiki Pages as standalone HTML Files.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- .net Framework 3.5 SP1 or better
- Not tested in Mono, I'll doubt it'll run though. See Road Map.